Use Touch ID on Chrome on my Macbook Pro

Hi,

I have installed 1Password on MacOS with version 7.8. In Chrome the version 1.23.1 is installed. There's is no Touch ID working in Chrome and it's kind of annoying having to type in the password always manually.
I read something that this has something to do with 1Password X. I used the official link to the extension from your website (https://1password.com/downloads/chrome-os/), so I would expect this is the right one. Is this correct? If not, what's the link to the correct extension working with Touch ID?
Currently only this version (+ the Beta of this version) are listed in the Chrome Store (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/1password)

Thanks for the help.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Big Sur 11.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sm23!

This is the link to the extension that has Touch ID support:

Get the 1Password classic extension

Touch ID integration was temporarily removed from the newer extension while our developers work on replacing it with something that works even better. Please see this announcement here in the forum for all the details:

Temporarily removing Desktop App Integration

• sm23
    sm23
    Community Member

Thanks, this worked. Having the old extension now. Would be great if Touch ID works with the new extension soon.

• Hey @sm23. We do have plans to bring biometric support to the new extension through integration with the desktop apps. We are all eagerly awaiting that day to arrive. :smile:

• FlaviusV
    FlaviusV
    Community Member

Hi,

are there any plans to consolidate the different versions of 1Password (Win, MAC, browser extension, 1Password X,..) into a web based only version? Would make development easier and reduce frustration about features that are available in one version but not in another.
    Just thinking about the "logging-in-odyssey" with or without biometrics integration

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@FlaviusV:

I don't think we will stop offering desktop apps and extension and only offer a web version, sorry. I also don't believe that 1Password could do most of its things (such as filling passwords in the browser), without an extension for example.

• FlaviusV
    FlaviusV
    Community Member

Hi,

thanks for the quick answer, understood. It was more about getting rid of the Windows and Mac versions. So using only the mobile apps, one browser app and some browser specific extensions. Having to rely on a desktop version because it provides features that are not available in browser versions , although technically possible is cumbersome. Plus using the "old" and a bit outdated chrome extension for biometric login with connection to the desktop version instead of the "new" extension with more comfort doesn't really improve user experience

Off topic:
    I'd really like to stay with 1Password as you seem to be a nice and engaged Canadian team. Several business trips to Montreal and Toronto made me fall in love with your country :-). So my hope for a less cluttered setup will persist

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you again for the feedback, and for the kind words @FlaviusV :)

This discussion has been closed.