Moving from licensed 1P4 to 1P7 issues

Options

I previously had 1P4 license since 2015 and a Chrome browser extension and iOS app; and these all worked just fine together.

I am moving to a new PC and purchased 1P7. Installed on PC and works fine, vault is transferred via Dropbox. Installed 1Password Chromium extension on Edge but the icon is greyed out and it cannot find "1Password helper." (1P4 is uninstalled.)

The second issue, I am being asked to create a 1Password account. How is that different than my Forum account and different from my license (AKA access without a "membership" account? And will that interfere with my existing 1Password vault created in 1P4?

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Blake
    edited March 2021
    Options

Howdy @meagab 🤠

We'd love to take a closer look at things with you here, and help you get 1Password 7 for Windows up and running properly.

In the interest of privacy, could you shoot me and my team an email at support+windows@1password.com so that we can take a closer look at how you currently have things setup, and then we can continue this conversation there?

Once you email in, you'll receive a Support ID that looks something like [ABC-123-45678] -- make sure you include that in a comment below so we can "link" things up on our end and make sure we're following along with you. 💙

• meagab
    meagab
    Community Member
    Options

[#LLV-73684-325]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@meagab:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: LLV-73684-325

This discussion has been closed.