Big Sur OS - where can I find data vault

KenGreen
KenGreen
Community Member

I apparently forgot my master password.I am hoping if I use time capsule i can restore the data so at least export it. The links I’ve seen don’t work probably due to the new Big Sur system. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
Ken

Comments

• KenGreen
    KenGreen
    Community Member

Whoops! I meant “ Time Machine.”

• @KenGreen

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/

• KenGreen
    KenGreen
    Community Member

Thanks
    Will try later today.

• KenGreen
    KenGreen
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

First I want to thank you, the pathway worked and with Time Machine I was able to open my password file on my iMac- whew. (I immediately exported all the data for safe keeping). However another possible problem(s) popped up on both my iMac and iPhone. Both apps say there is a problem going online (for syncing I think). Both refer to a url that is broken (http://my1password.com) which I find strange).
    Even when I use my Emergency Kit and scan in my original Secret Key and Master Password it won’t take. Any idea what’s going on? I’m attaching screenshots.

I have another question. If I was start with a new user account I gather I can import the data from the current export however is there any way to transfer the documents that I saved in the original one?

Thanks
    Ken
    ——

“Ken Green “Authorization Error, We’re having trouble signing you into your account. Please make sure that all your information is entered correctly below.

Sign in address: http://my1password.com
    Email address:
    Secret Key;

——

• KenGreen
    KenGreen
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

• KenGreen
    KenGreen
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@KenGreen:

What does the entire error message say exactly?

I have another question. If I was start with a new user account I gather I can import the data from the current export however is there any way to transfer the documents that I saved in the original one?

Yes, you can move all data, including documents, from one account to another:

Move and copy items

• KenGreen
    KenGreen
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

@ag_ana

Attached is a screen shot of the message. I am getting this on both my iMac and iPhone.
    I used the scan on my emergency kit and it won't work - says my secret key and or master password is wrong.

Are you saying when I export my data it INCLUDES the documents?

thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@KenGreen:

I have deleted the screenshot for your privacy since it included your email address :+1:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

Are you saying when I export my data it INCLUDES the documents?

If you follow the instructions I shared in my previous post, yes :+1:

• KenGreen
    KenGreen
    Community Member

ag_ana

i just did the diagnostics and sent it to the support-forum address. I haven't yet received the reply with the ticket number (its Sunday). Once i do I will post it.

I subsequently wanted to move all my data to a new vault but when i tried to create a new vault i couldn't, instead I got "Invalid Login Information" - see attached screen shot.

• KenGreen
    KenGreen
    Community Member

ag_ana

thanks for deleting the screenshot. In general, is there anyway I can do that once posted?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@KenGreen:

thanks for deleting the screenshot. In general, is there anyway I can do that once posted?

I don't believe you can do it yourself on the forum. You should be able to edit your post for a few minutes, but afterwards it cannot be edited anymore. We can do that for you anytime however :+1:

i just did the diagnostics and sent it to the support-forum address. I haven't yet received the reply with the ticket number (its Sunday). Once i do I will post it.

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: LKF-98454-251

• KenGreen
    KenGreen
    Community Member

ag_ana

Thank you 🙂

• KenGreen
    KenGreen
    Community Member

ag_ana

Re: [#LKF-98454-251]