Authentication Error every time I open 1password 7 on my mac

Options
KSlater
KSlater
Community Member

I recently set up 1password7 on a subscription after being on an older version of 1password for years. I have everything imported and working, I can login to the web app, the browser extensions are working and my stuff is syncing across devices and apps, but every time I open the main app on my mac or unlock the browser extension, I get an authentication error with my info filled in except for my master password. The info is all correct, but when I type in the master password, the same password that works on the web app, it fails. Aside from having to close the window every time I want to use 1password, everything is fine, but I'd love to get rid of this annoyance. Any ideas? Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: subscription/web

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KSlater! Welcome to the forum!

I wonder if you have a different account configured in the app. If you are able to login to your account in the browser with a certain Master Password, you should definitely be able to enter the same Master Password to unlock the 1Password app. If you look at your Secret Key specifically, can you confirm that it's the same key that is shown when you login in the browser?

• Shauna_L_Perez
    Shauna_L_Perez
    Community Member
    Options

ag_ana, I am in a trial of 1Password Business, and I have the same issue. Can I not sign into both on one app?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Shauna_L_Perez:

Can I not sign into both on one app?

Yes, you can certainly use both, this is something that 1Password supports:

How to use multiple accounts

This discussion has been closed.