How to stop tracking thread?

johann_koebbe
johann_koebbe
Community Member

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I did some searching but didn't find anything. I'd like to stop tracking threads in the forum. I find that once I read a thread, I always get the "new" notifications. There are some threads that I wonder "What is this about?", but once I read it, I don't have any interest in it, so I don't really care that there are new posts.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @johann_koebbe

You can adjust your notification preferences here:
    https://1password.community/profile/preferences/

I hope that helps!

Ben

• johann_koebbe
    johann_koebbe
    Community Member

Hi @Ben . Thanks for the response. There doesn't seem to be anything in the notification preferences related to threads I've read. The closest I can see is "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.", but I understand "participate" to mean commented, not just read. To be clear, I don't want to see the "New" glyph on the list of messages in a forum if I have only read a thread, but not commented in it. I would not expect that to be a general notification preference, but rather a thread-by-thread setting. Discourse (I think) has a "Mute" option on threads, for example.

• I see; thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately this:

is not customizable with the forum software we're using, as far as I'm aware.

Ben

• johann_koebbe
    johann_koebbe
    Community Member

@Ben Thanks for that, even if it isn't the answer I was hoping for. :(

• You're welcome. If I hear anything different I'll be sure to share it here. :+1:

Ben

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni

Hmm. Do you see the "star" checked (yellow) to the right of the title of the topic when you view one of these threads itself? And can you uncheck that?

• johann_koebbe
    johann_koebbe
    Community Member

@jpgoldberg No, they are not bookmarked.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@johann_koebbe:

Just to make sure we are on the same page: when you say "notifications", do you mean email notifications? Because if you are referring to the "new" message that shows up in the forum instead (the one you see in Ben's screenshot), that is the normal behavior at the moment with our forum software after you have read a discussion. As Ben said, this cannot be changed at the moment.

• johann_koebbe
    johann_koebbe
    Community Member

@ag_ana Not email notifications, but the "new" indicator as in Ben's screenshot.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Got it, thank you for the confirmation @johann_koebbe.

This discussion has been closed.