Form fills not working?

Options
daemianmack
daemianmack
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there. I'm trying to migrate from Lastpass but I'm having trouble understanding how 1Password works with forms in my browser.

The goal: To get form auto-fill behavior in my browser.

I installed the Chrome extension and noticed immediately that browser form fills stopped working (for example, USPS Change-of-Address form.)

In Chrome's settings (Settings > Autofill > Addresses and more) I see "Save and fill addresses" is turned off, and there's an option, selected, that reads "1Password – Password Manager is controlling this setting". If I click "Disable", intending to let the browser manage its own form fills, the entire extension is disabled, which is not what I want.

Going the other way would be fine too: letting 1Password manage my form fills. But I don't see any option anywhere in 1Password to handle this feature.

Even more confusing, given that my browser is allowing 1Password to manage form fills, is that 1Password refuses to fill in my address, even though I have an Identity item with my address information filled in, and "Suggest in the browser" is selected for that item. To be clear, this feature wouldn't be sufficient for my needs if it were limited strictly to address forms, but it doesn't appear to do even that.

Does 1Password handle this feature?

If it doesn't, it's blocking valuable browser functionality for no benefit.

If it does, I can't figure out how to use it.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: OS X 11.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @daemianmack ,

1Password can definitely handle personal details forms for you using identity items.
    Looking at the webpage you linked to, I was able to use my identity item to autofill most fields like so:

1. Get to the webpage: https://moversguide.usps.com/mgo/disclaimer
    2. Click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser to open it (and unlock it if needed).
    3. Locate your identity item and click on "Autofill".

You can also test it here: https://fill.dev/form/identity-simple
    You can use identity items to autofill your personal details, address, phone number, email and more.

In case you prefer to stick to Chrome's address filling, you can do so by going into 1Password's settings:

• Open your browser and right click the 1Password icon on the top right corner, then select "Settings".
    • In the settings page, disable the "Make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    • You will then be able to turn on Chrome's address autofilling while keeping 1Password enabled.

If you're still experiencing issues with identity items, let us know and we'll gladly help.

This discussion has been closed.