"Open and Fill" requires two tries.

pinacate
pinacate
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Selecting "Open and Fill" in 1Password doesn't do anything the first time I select it. After seeing no effect I retry and on the second time clicking "Open and Fill" the page opens and password info is populated. Anyhow not a big deal but do you know what's going on?

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 11.2.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:open and fill only works on second try

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @pinacate ,

Looks like you have the newer 1Password in the browser installed, which means you need to start your workflow in the browser and not in the desktop app. It should work like this:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and unlock it with your Master Password if needed.
    3. Find the login/website you need in 1Password and click on "Open & Fill". 1Password in the browser will take you there and autofill.

Does that work better for you?

• pinacate
    pinacate
    Community Member

That does work better. Its going to take some retraining to start workflow from 1Password extension instead of app but hey...

By the way in #2 you say the 1Password icon is on top right corner of browser. For me it appears to the left of the browsers URL entry field. I'm running Safari 14.0.3.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @pinacate, you can change where the 1Password icon appears in Safari by clicking on View > Customize Toolbar. We have a helpful guide for it here: https://support.1password.com/missing-browser-button/#safari Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.