Autofill button replaced by Go button

Options
MAxyz
MAxyz
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I just updated to 1Password 7 Version 7.8 (70800001) and when I click the 1Password icon in the top bar on the Mac, rather than seeing the Autofill button, I see a Go button. How do I get the AutofIll button back? I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6.

Also, since I have your attention, let me just say that every time I upgrade, the experience is a pain.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:button

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MAxyz!

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using, and in which browser is this happening?

• MAxyz
    MAxyz
    Community Member
    edited March 2021
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I'm just clicking on the icon in the Apple menu bar across the top of the computer screen. See screen shot. (I'm starting to use the browser extensions, but I've been in the habit for a few years using the dropdown from the menu bar.) I upgraded in the past and lost the Autofill button, but it came back. No luck this time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MAxyz:

The Autofill text only appears when you are on the exact website, otherwise it will say "Go" since 1Password would have to open a new tab. If you open the 1Password.community website, and then you clicked on the 1Password mini icon, the text will show "Autofill" instead.

• MAxyz
    MAxyz
    Community Member
    Options

For the community site and my office's website, I made sure the login URL matches exactly with what's in 1Password and I just get Go. When I click Go, I'm taken to the URL, but nothing different happens. No autofilling takes place. So it seems there's a fundamental issue.
    Perhaps related, when I'm on a site, shouldn't 1Password recognize where I am and suggest logins? I can't recall if that's how it's supposed to work. In any event, I have to type in what I want.
    Btw, I just uninstalled and re-installed the app and everything is the same.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MAxyz:

For the community site and my office's website, I made sure the login URL matches exactly with what's in 1Password and I just get Go.

When you tried this, was the 1Password.community website open in your browser, and was it the active tab when you clicked on 1Password mini?

Perhaps related, when I'm on a site, shouldn't 1Password recognize where I am and suggest logins? I can't recall if that's how it's supposed to work. In any event, I have to type in what I want.

Yes, 1Password can do that for you. When you click on the 1Password browser extension, what is the dropdown menu currently set to? From what you are saying, I think it might be set to "All Items". If that's the case, please try setting it to Suggestions instead:

• MAxyz
    MAxyz
    Community Member
    Options

To answer your questions: Yes, to both and I do have it set to suggestions. It only shows "googlechrome" which isn't even one of my login items. However, 1Password works as designed when I'm using Safari and Firefox. So it appears there's a conflict w/ Chrome. And I uninstalled the 1Password extension for Chrome, but the problem remains.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MAxyz:

Can you confirm what version of the 1Password browser extension you have installed in Chrome? I think I know what is going on, but I need that information to be sure :)

• MAxyz
    MAxyz
    Community Member
    Options

It's 1.23.1. I reinstalled it yesterday, after I had reinstalled 1Password.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for confirming, @MAxyz. That would be our "1Password in the Browser" extension, which doesn't have integration with the 1Password for Mac desktop app at this time. For this to work the way you'd like you'd need to uninstall that extension and instead install the 1Password Classic extension. A full set of instructions on removing the former and installing the latter can be found in this guide:

Get the 1Password classic extension

I hope that helps!

Ben

• MAxyz
    MAxyz
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That did it. Appreciate the help! -Michael

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021
    Options

Thank you for letting us know that worked for you. On behalf of Ben, and Ana, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.