1PW problem on Big Sur

cappy
cappy
Community Member

I've got the 1PW desktop installed on Big Sur, as well as the helper for Chrome.
When I unlock a 1PW for any given website, the Chrome helper keeps telling me I need to install 1PW for Chrome.
This is quite frustrating. How do I fix this?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 1.2.2.3
OS Version: Big Sur
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• @cappy

The extension you have installed in your browser is 1Password X. It does not integrate directly with the Mac app. It's capable of working independently. With that said, the 1Password helper at the top our your screen has no knowledge of the 1Password X extension. That is why you see the message to add the extension. If you want that functionality back, remove the existing extension and install the classic version of our extension.

1Password X has its own pop up for suggestions within the browser. That being Shift + Command + X

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

Thanks.
    Ok, I've done that. I don't see the 1PW icon in the browser toolbar though.

• @crappy

It may be hidden behind the puzzle piece icon. Click it and then select the 1Password extension and select "Pin".

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

Bingo!

I was looking for that menu, I had used it for the first time recently, but couldn't remember where it was.

Thanks again!

• You're welcome.

• besologic
    besologic
    Community Member

👋🏼 I was having this same problem and ran across this thread. I thought I had the wrong extension installed, but all the documentation suggests that I should be on 1Password X: https://support.1password.com/update-1password-browser/#chrome. This was a bit confusing to figure out! Are there plans / is it even possible to update 1Password X to talk to the Mac app?

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

Bingo!

I was looking for that menu, I had used it for the first time recently, but couldn't remember where it was.

Thanks again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the help @besologic!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Great to hear that this was it @cappy :) Thank you for the update! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

you too!

This discussion has been closed.