MacBook Air M1 - keeps prompting to enable in Safari - It already is.

Options
brianfwalsh
brianfwalsh
Community Member

1Password is already enabled in Safari - yet it keeps prompting me to enable it. Also, It doesn't open in Safari and the really annoying popup at every login screen won't open if I click on the Unlock 1Password it does nothing. If I try to uninstall the Extension it says I have to remove the whole program from my Mac. I used to like it but it is rapidly becoming useless.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 7.8
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:MacBook Air M1 - keeps prompting to enable in Safari - It already is.

Comments

• @brianfwalsh

I saw another user report something similar recently, and in their case, Safari was holding onto an outdated version. I would suggest a restart of the Mac. That may allow Safari to release its hold on the extension and process the update.

If that fails, I would recommend replacing the app outright to get you going as quickly as possible.

1. Quit all open web browsers, especially Safari.
    2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    3. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    4. Restart the Mac.
    5. Download the latest version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.
This discussion has been closed.