session ended after 10 minutes of inactivity.

i changed the setting several times trying different options: browser version
tried turn off auto lock.
tried setting to 999 minutes
both failed to keep 1password open for more than 10 minutes.
frustrating.

1password x in chrome and firefox (latest versions)
not logged into 1password desktop. trying to avoid using it.

1Password Version: 1.23.1
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: win10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:session ended after 10 minutes of inactivity.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jeszenka! Welcome to the forum!

both failed to keep 1password open for more than 10 minutes.

Is this happening on the 1Password.com website, or in the 1Password browser extension?

• Jeszenka
    Jeszenka
    Community Member

it is happening on the extension

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Jeszenka ,

1Password in the browser stores the settings in the cookies/cache of the browser. If you clear the cookies often/daily, you will have to re-set the settings every time. This is known to happen in Firefox because there's an option there to clear cookies every time you close the browser, but I'm not sure how this is happening in your Chrome unless you manually delete cookies there often.

• Jeszenka
    Jeszenka
    Community Member

that would explain it.
    is there a way to store settings in an .ini file for this? or some other way to save?

Otherwise, If I use the desktop app, would it eliminate the cache issue not remembering the settings?

• Hey @Jeszenka. If you install the classic extension, those auto-lock settings are taken directly from the desktop app, so it would help with this issue for you. I personally recommend the extension you have, for its ease of use and advanced saving/filling logic, but it may be that the classic extension is better for your workflow until we launch integration between the new extension and desktop apps sometime this year.

https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

• Jeszenka
    Jeszenka
    Community Member
    The integration of the different pieces of your app is long overdue and IMO is one of the biggest items keeping 1password from being the best password manager. That update cannot come soon enough.
    also would be the ideal time for us to give up roboform.
    feature request : if you could add the ability to (desktop app password manager) - a la roboform. we use roboform for quickbooks desktop program logins and a few others)
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @Jeszenka!

feature request : if you could add the ability to (desktop app password manager) - a la roboform.

Can you please clarify what you mean by this?

This discussion has been closed.