[Feature Requests] Autofill Keyboard Shortcut & Save Forms (Form Fill)

Jmtyra
Jmtyra
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

New 1Password user here, left LastPass and still learning but loving 1Password so far!! 😍😍 Wish I would have migrated years ago. 🤦‍♂️

I would like to submit two feature requests and my apologies if these have already been requested. I didn't find them when searching but maybe I overlooked a thread somewhere. 😯

Request #1 -- [Autofill Keyboard Shortcut] Please add an autofill keyboard shortcut which would allow the user to trigger the automatic fill of the user/pass into a login page, similar to the left-click action. This is a feature I used a lot with LastPass and I'm missing it already. 🙁 It would allow a user to trigger 1Password to fill in the user/pass for a particular website without using the mouse. I hope that makes sense!

Request #2 -- [Save Forms / Form Fill] Another feature I'm spoiled to is the ability to save all forms on a page into their 'vault' for later use, in addition to (or even separate from) their username and password. This was great for repetitive forms, such as complex sign-up forms or other form data that isn't a user/pass form. Please let me know if screenshots would be helpful or more information is required.

Thank you in advance for your consideration!! 💗

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: version 1.23.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jmtyra! Welcome to the forum!

Request #1 -- [Autofill Keyboard Shortcut] Please add an autofill keyboard shortcut which would allow the user to trigger the automatic fill of the user/pass into a login page, similar to the left-click action. This is a feature I used a lot with LastPass and I'm missing it already. 🙁 It would allow a user to trigger 1Password to fill in the user/pass for a particular website without using the mouse. I hope that makes sense!

I have passed your suggestion to the developers :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#41

Request #2 -- [Save Forms / Form Fill] Another feature I'm spoiled to is the ability to save all forms on a page into their 'vault' for later use, in addition to (or even separate from) their username and password. This was great for repetitive forms, such as complex sign-up forms or other form data that isn't a user/pass form. Please let me know if screenshots would be helpful or more information is required.

For filling non-login forms, have you tried using Identity items already? This documentation page has some information about it:

Save and fill credit cards and addresses

• Jmtyra
    Jmtyra
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana! 😃

For request #1, I appreciate you sending the suggestion to the developers. 🏆

For request #2, yes I have testing this, unfortunately I have to manually enter each field by hand. 😞 Let's say I am signing up for a webinar with 12 forms, like job title and other questions. With LastPass there was an option to save all of the entered fields. However with 1Password I must manually create the field labels and associated content when creating a new identity. While it works, it's highly manual and not ideal. Perhaps this could be sent as a suggestion as well please? 😃

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Jmtyra:

Thank you for the clarification!

Perhaps this could be sent as a suggestion as well please?

Done :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#287

• Jmtyra
    Jmtyra
    Community Member

Thank you!! 😃👍

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @Jmtyra! If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.