I recently changed my master password on my laptop. But the new password is not working on my iPad.

Options
ldellapiana
ldellapiana
Community Member

I recently changed my master password on my laptop. But the new password is not working on my iPad. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling. My account shows up, I used the camera to capture the QR code from my logged in 1Password account on the phone. I enter the Master password and... nothing.

The new Master Password works on my android phone and Mac laptop fine. But I can’t unlock the vault using either the old or new password. Not sure what’s going on.

I see from other help requests that it could be a legacy of when I had an old Dropbox linked vault (before the subscription accounts). How on earth can I clear that old data?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 14.4.2
Sync Type: 1Password.com
Referrer: forum-search:iOS master password not working

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ldellapiana! Welcome to the forum!

My account shows up, I used the camera to capture the QR code from my logged in 1Password account on the phone. I enter the Master password and... nothing.

Can you please elaborate? Does the window just keep spinning, for example, or do you get an error message after you enter your Master Password?

This discussion has been closed.