How do I view the JPG that I saved as a Document?

Options

When I select that item in the browser extension, it offers a Download button. I click it and a while later it says successful and to check my Downloads folder. Now what? Does it mean my browser's (Chrome) Downloads folder? Nope, it's not there--the folder is sorted by time and there's nothing new. Nothing by the file/document name, either.
Did it really download? Where is it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how view saved document?

Comments

• jimk3
    jimk3
    Community Member
    Options

This is possibly a bug. After posting my question I tried the standalone 1Password app for Windows. When I select download, it prompts for a filename. Unfortunately, the defaulted filename is invalid for Windows so I must edit it in order to save. I wonder if the browser extension is falsely saying it saved what it downloaded.

FYI, the document was originally saved to 1Password via my iPhone app. I created the doc and chose to take a picture. The filename it applied to the document includes a colon--that's the character I must remove in the standalone app to be able to save it. Also, I appended some text to the proposed name in the phone app but the download in the standalone app used the unaltered name. I thought that was weird. The implication is that I cannot fix the name when I save the document because the phone app is going to insert the colon in the name that ends up being used for later download.

• ag_michaelc
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hey @jimk3. I was able to reproduce what you're seeing on your end. I've raised issues internally both to look into the improper "success" banner you saw as well as the saving with incompatible punctuation marks in the first place. I'm sorry you've run into this, but I appreciate your bringing it to our attention.

ref: dev/core/core#6263

This discussion has been closed.