1Password Desktop & Browser

mwedwards
mwedwards
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for 7+ years. When I first started using it, unlocking the vault on my desktop would allow me to enter passwords into any open browser session (that had the 1Password extension). For example, I might have both a Chrome session and a Safari session going (one for my personal accounts and the other for my professional accounts). Unlocking the vault on my desktop would allow me to use 1Password everywhere on my desktop. Password management was good.

Since upgrading to 7, that no longer works. I now have to unlock my vault 3 times if I want to use it on my desktop and in 2 browsers. If I close my browser and relaunch it, I have to unlock the vault again. I wrote to customer support several months ago, and was assured this would be resolved soon, and to try the beta. I've tried joining the beta, I've tried 1PasswordX, gone back to the primary version, and back to beta. Not working.

Does anyone else currently have 1Password on Mac set up to allow unlocking the vault on the desktop, and not having to unlock it again in the browser?

This is annoying enough that I am ready to try another product.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 1.24.5
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: Personal Vault

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mwedwards!

Does anyone else currently have 1Password on Mac set up to allow unlocking the vault on the desktop, and not having to unlock it again in the browser?

While our developers add this feature to the newest extension, you can download the classic extension, which allows you to do this:

Get the 1Password classic extension

• mwedwards
    mwedwards
    Community Member

I can confirm that the classic extension is working as described. It's so nice to have this functionality back. I also prefer the in-place editing capability of this version over the web-based editor that loads in a new tab with the 1PasswordX UI. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @mwedwards! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.