Not filling in login information for Insurance (Geico) app

Vashalgrim
Vashalgrim
Community Member

I just started using 1Password today and am starting to poke at it. I noticed that it will not fill the login information that I have in the vault on my Android phone for the Geico App. It works great from my desktop via the Chrome browser. Thanks for any help!

1Password Version: 1Password for Android 7.7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Vashalgrim!

I wonder if this Login item has a separate URL for the Android app? Sometimes the URL of the website is not enough to fill in the respective app too. Can you try saving a login manually from your Android device and see if the correct URL is saved in that case?

Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your Android device

• Vashalgrim
    Vashalgrim
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply @ag_ana!

I logged in on the app but "Save username and password to 1Password" did not appear as an option. I have the 1Password app open and did make sure that Autofill and Accessibility were both on. Also when I log back out it does not give a menu to enter any of the information.

I do not see a URL to save, and I'm not sure where I could find that information in their app. There is an option to "Keep Me Logged In" however that would be forgotten once myself or my partner changed the password. My hope was to be able to use 1Password to avoid having to type in randomized passwords every time one of us changes it.

Is it possible that it is an issue of App permissions (either Geico's or 1Passwords) that needs to be changed?

• Hi @Vashalgrim. Thanks for the update. The URL isn't important when filling into an app, as 1Password will link the login to the app with a link we create. However, if you want to fill in the Geico website, you'll need the URL for the site saved in the login.

I've tested filling on my end, and unfortunately, it looks like filling isn't currently working in the Geico app. I'll report this to our developers For now, try dragging and dropping your credentials into this app.

• Vashalgrim
    Vashalgrim
    Community Member

Hi @peri, I tried dragging and dropping but it seems not to be working. I'll use the "Keep Me Logged In" option for now, regardless I appreciate the help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @Vashalgrim :+1: And you are welcome, if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

I have the same problem not only with Geico but also with my Wells Fargo app. if I open up a web page on my cell phone directly from my Google Chrome browser it will fill in the credentials but it won't do it on the app.

• Hey @kram5819, that's odd, as Autofill works fine for me in the Wells Fargo app. Could you try resetting your Autofill settings by going to the 1Password app > Settings > Autofill and turning off both Autofill and Accessibility and then turning them both back on again?

This discussion has been closed.