1Password app is closed while is in background

wizard86pz
wizard86pz
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

As in the title, 1Password app is closed while is in background. It started to occur after last update to last beta. No any change on OS settings, or device, my MacBook should not be responsible for this behavior,

I notice since the 1Password app icon is not present in the menu bar. I open the task manager and it's not listed, so I need to open it again.

1Password Version: 7.8.1.BETA-0 (70801000)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.3 (20D91)
Sync Type: 1Pass cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wizard86pz!

I notice since the 1Password app icon is not present in the menu bar. I open the task manager and it's not listed, so I need to open it again.

If you open 1Password Preferences > General tab, is the option Show 1Password in the menu bar checked?

Also, do you have Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running enabled under 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab?

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana. Yes, both options in those two different paths are checked.

Once I realised to not have 1Password app running, via task manager, I noticed to have ONLY the "1Password Extension Helper" process running.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wizard86pz:

Thank you for the confirmation. I am not able to reproduce this on the latest beta, so I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac the next time you notice this, and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Sure. After last night, the app is still in background, correctly. I need to run the diagnostic tool just after I realise to not have the app running in background, without launching it before to collect info with the diagnostic tool, correct?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wizard86pz:

Correct, that would be ideal :+1:

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

I'm still monitoring 1Password's behavior every hour, everything ok so far. If in the next few days, with the device never turned off or rebooted, it does not show up, I think we can consider the problem as not reproducible and therefore perhaps linked to a sporadic event in my device.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @wizard86pz! I am glad to hear this, but definitely feel free to keep us posted if you find a way to reproduce this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.