multiple users 1 computer

Options
MatthewDick
MatthewDick
Community Member

We have been trying to get my wife to successfully log into the password extension on microsoft edge.
When we signed up we were told you should be able to just enter her master password and it would log into her passwords.
I doesn't do that and I can't find anymore settings to change to allow this to happen.
why is this so complicated?
all versions are most up to date

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:multiple users 1 computer

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MatthewDick!

Are you using multiple browser profiles already? From what you wrote, it sounds like you are using the same browser together in Microsoft Edge, with a single profile.

If you create a profile for her, she will be able to add her own 1Password extension, and add her account there.

• MatthewDick
    MatthewDick
    Community Member
    Options

I was told before that 1Password would automatically switch passwords just by typing in a different master password. We want this to be simple. We don’t want to have to log in and out every time one or the other wants to use the computer.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MatthewDick:

I was told before that 1Password would automatically switch passwords just by typing in a different master password.

You can do this directly on the 1Password.com website, but not in the extension. The extension is connected to one person at the time, so for that to work the way you want, you can configure a second browser profile, with the instructions I shared with you in my previous post.

We don’t want to have to log in and out every time one or the other wants to use the computer.

That won't be necessary: you login to your computer once, and then use the correct browser profile, depending on who is using it at the moment. That way, you will be able to unlock 1Password with the correct Master Password every time.

This discussion has been closed.