1Password for iPadOS continually asks for login

scotty321
scotty321
Community Member

There is a major & significant bug in the newest version of 1Password for iPadOS. (This bug might affect iOS as well.)

No matter which app I’m in — Safari, Mail, Netflix, Notes, or even just the generic Home Screen of the iPad itself — 1Password continually pops up with a dialog box asking me to authenticate 1Password.

Please see screenshot below for an example screenshot of what this looks like.

It pops up every time I switch to another app. No matter what app I switch to.

And then, if I stay in that app for a few minutes, 1Password will pop up yet again on its own. Every few minutes, it just keeps popping up.

Over & over & over again. It never ends. No matter what app I’m in.

Even just returning to the iPad Home Screen causes 1Password to interfere with its authentication dialog box. And it keeps popping up every 2 minutes, all on its own.

It doesn’t matter whether or not I authenticate it or whether I cancel out of it. It just keeps popping up over & over again. Every time I switch to another app, it pops up. Every time 2 minutes has passed, it pops up again. It never stops.

Although if I cancel out of it, then it also changes the behavior of the 1Password app: Upon launching the 1Password app, it asks me to type in my master password — or I’m required to touch the fingerprint icon to re-enable Touch ID again. So I can’t even launch 1Passwoed without jumping through extra hoops.

Can you please fix ASAP? This is driving me insane. Every 2 minutes, it pops up.

1Password Version: 7.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iiPadOS 14.4.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scotty321!

I think this is the first time I hear this report on iPadOS, it sounds like something got stuck on this device for some reason. Version 7.7.1 of 1Password has been released a month ago, have you been experiencing this for a whole month?

For confirmation, have you tried rebooting your device once already? Did that help?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@scotty321:

If the problem appears again, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your device as soon as this happens, and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.