Using "create user" creates a Private Vault

mario_dv
mario_dv
Community Member

Hello,

When using "create user", 1Password also creates a new Vault "User's Private Vault". Is there a way to avoid this?

When I use the web interface to create a new user I am not getting this "Private Vault".

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mario_dv!

A Private vault is created automatically every time you create a new user, as it's a mandatory vault. Even when you create a user in the web interface, this user will see their Private vault when they login for the first time.

• mario_dv
    mario_dv
    Community Member

Odd, when I do create a new user using the web interface I am not seeing this new private Vault show up in the Vaults list in my account.

But when I create a user via the CLI, using my account, it does show up.

I totally understand the private vault needs to be created, what I don't understand is why it is showing up in my Vault list in my account when using the CLI commands.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mario_dv ,

The CLI and the SCIM bridge utilizes users provisioning, while the web interface uses invites, which is why the creation process is different.
    When you use provisioning, you can do things before the user accepts the invite, such as assign the user to a group before the user accepts the account.

There's no way to disable the vault's creation that you see but if you remove your account from the provision managers group you can avoid seeing it.

• mario_dv
    mario_dv
    Community Member

Ah ok! Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome @mario_dv! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.