Suggest with full domain name

Options

There are so many cases when 1password suggests sites that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual site I'm on. This is due to it only using the domain name portion (sub.domain.com) when matching suggestions and ignoring the subdomain.

Let me give an example: service provider called TELIA offers services such as TV, mobile phone, home internet connection AND also nationwide service for MFA. Now, some of the services are at www.telia.fi, some at tv.telia.fi, some at younameit.telia.com AND the nationwide MFA service is at tunnistus.telia.fi. When I go to any of the services I get whole list of accounts I have on any of the *.telia.fi. These different credentials have NOTHING to do with each other and I see zero reason why limit the 1pwd Suggestions to domain level only.

The issue has been there forever, and I did open a ticket on it few years back, still waiting.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.24.6
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi @jpalo!

This is currently the default behavior, you are right: 1Password will show you every Login for a specific domain, including subdomains. I can see how this could be useful to you, so I have passed your feedback to the developers :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member
    Options

@jpalo - good luck... their dev forwarding address is dev@null.com. This feature has been requested for YEARS. Here's a random selection of posts spanning over a decade.

They have no intention of ever doing this. Keep that in mind before purchasing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@steve28:

While we don't have any updates to share about this at the moment, I have let our developers know that you would like to see this as well. I think everything helps :)

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member
    Options

That’s great and all, but that’s the same response that has been given since at least 2010. I just want anyone who come across this to interpret “we’ll let our devs know!” correctly.

For anyone interested: BitWarden offers this, you can select whether you want the domain, domain+subdomian, or full url to be used for matching on a per password basis.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@steve28:

Understood, we appreciate you taking the time to share this with the community :+1: :)

• jpalo
    jpalo
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Still frustrated with this limitation in 1Password. Every single day I run into this scenario multiple times and can only wonder why you think this is not an issue that should be fixed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jpalo:

Thank you for following up on this! I will let the developers know once again that you are encountering this on a regular basis.

• dugbee
    dugbee
    Community Member
    Options

Adding my vote for this. The ideal solution would be per-login overrides, such as:

1. Suggest when matching partial domain, so *.example.com matches like it does now.
    2. Suggest when matching full domain, so server1.example.com matches but server2.example.com does not.
    3. Suggest when matching full URL, so only server1.example.com/mywebsite matches

This would be a great feature for those of us who do development (even as a hobby at home) with several VMs and sites involved.

• Hello @dugbee,

I will ensure to add you to the customer requests list. Please stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features.

This discussion has been closed.