Couple of issues on Mojave

Options
cmh
cmh
Community Member

Things I've noticed about 1password in the last few versions:

1. After editing and saving a login from 1password mini, the window lacks the "close minimize maximize" buttons until I click away to another application and click back, and then they appear on top of the edit button.

2. When I click command-\ in a Safari window, the suggestions list no longer includes all the login items from that site (as I think it did before). It only includes the ones where the "website" link is a close match. As sites change the URLs for their login pages, I am having to search for the login item I want, or spend a lot of time updating website URLs manually. Can you make the suggestions more generous by including all the login items that match the current URL? Note that clicking the new 1password icon in the text field shows a better list of suggestions than 1password mini.

I am on Mojave (10.14.6) and currently using Safari 14.0.3. My 1password is currently 7.8

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cmh!

After editing and saving a login from 1password mini, the window lacks the "close minimize maximize" buttons until I click away to another application and click back, and then they appear on top of the edit button.

I believe this is a known issue, it's not specific to Mojave. I have let our developers know that you are also experiencing this :+1:

ref: dev/apple/issues#4931

Can you make the suggestions more generous by including all the login items that match the current URL?

This is still the default behavior, I don't believe there is a way to even change that. 1Password shows you all logins for the domain you are on. Can you confirm that the domain of the website matches the one stored in the 1Password Login item?

• cmh
    cmh
    Community Member
    Options

1 thanks for encouraging them.

2 yes, I just replicated it again right on this page! I can send you a screenshot by another channel if you like.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2021
    Options

@cmh:

You can also upload the screenshot directly here on the forum, if it doesn't include personal information:

• cmh
    cmh
    Community Member
    Options

Two screenshots attached. In the first, I simply pressed cmd-\ while on this site. As you can see the suggestions include all my favorites but not my entry for 1password.community.

In the second screenshot, I typed the search '1pass' and you can see that the 1password.community item is there, so I am not sure why it is not coming up in the suggestions list.

SCREENSHOT #1

SCREENSHOT #2

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cmh:

Thank you for the screenshots! This is certainly interesting, and I am not able to reproduce this behavior. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same thing?

• cmh
    cmh
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, when I do that I see exactly the same thing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cmh:

I am curious know: is the 1Password community the only website where this is happening? If you visit another website and use Cmd + \, does that Login item show up in the suggestions list?

• cmh
    cmh
    Community Member
    Options

Many sites fail this way. For example, on accounts.google.com, where I have a lot of matches, I have to search to see even 1 site. Other sites are fine (TD bank, for example, I only have one match and it fills right in.)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cmh:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• cmh
    cmh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. The ticket number is IQU-26425-631.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cmh:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: IQU-26425-631

This discussion has been closed.