Sync latest vault data to browser extension lagging

Can you please fix the Vault sync in browser extension? Yesterday I added new item on my mobile, I see it on https://my.1password.eu/, but not in the browser extension. In LastPass there is clear "SYNC" button that works, but 1pwd doesn't have it and I feel silly for having to manually type new(ish) passwords as they do not sync to the browser extension in a timely manner.

This issue has been there forever, not Extension version specific issue.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.24.6
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jpalo ,

Are you able to reproduce this issue on demand? What happens when you lock the extension and unlock it?
    We're talking about 1Password beta 1.24.6, correct?

Does it also not sync when you create a new item in the extension and then check if it is there on your phone?

• jpalo
    jpalo
    Community Member

I cannot repro it, or at least now when I tried:
    1. Create new secure note on Android app
    2. Confirm it is visible on 1pwd web site
    3. Confirm it is visible in 1.24.6 beta extension

All these within 30 secs or so.

But I have experienced the lag also earlier, and it might be somehow related to 1pwd extension not refreshing immediately after computer wakes from sleep, so:
    1. Put computer to sleep in the evening (do not lock nor sign out from the browser extension)
    2. Create new item on 1pwd Android
    3. The next morning, wake computer, try to search for the new item --> not found
    4. Wait 15 minutes or so --> item is found

This morning I did not lock/unlock the extension and after some time, it had updated the vault and item was found. I will need to test my 4 step procedure tomorrow still...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

I'll try to keep an eye on it as well.

Do you have the extension set to not lock up at all? It should lock when the computer goes to sleep/locks up by default.

This discussion has been closed.