Use the same vault on different mac accounts (same computer)?

Josh83
Josh83
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello

I'm using 1Password for quite a while already on my personal computer.

I just started a new job, and the company allows to bring my own device, but I need to have a separate account for work.

How can I use the same vault for both accounts?

I have version 6. And I just noticed that it's not registered on my 2nd account. Is it allowed to use on two accounts on the same computer anyway?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Josh83!

How can I use the same vault for both accounts?

You would need to make a copy of your existing data into your new vault, in the new account. You can just copy items from one vault to the other:

Move and copy items

I have version 6. And I just noticed that it's not registered on my 2nd account. Is it allowed to use on two accounts on the same computer anyway?

Yes, you can add multiple accounts to the same 1Password app:

How to use multiple accounts

• Hey @Josh83

I think we may possibly have misunderstood what you were asking for here. From my reading it sounds like what you're asking for wouldn't be supported with your current setup, but I'd like to get you in touch with our License Customers team so we can get a clearer picture. To facilitate that I'd request that you shoot us an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread (so you don't have to repeat your question). When you send the email you'll get an automated reply back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here, so I can get the message over to the appropriate team. Thanks so much, and sorry for any confusion.

Ben

• Josh83
    Josh83
    Community Member

Thanks for your replies, ag_ana and Ben!

Just to be more clear: It should be possible to specify the path to where my passwords are stored on disk in 1Password, right? So I could just make 1Password on both accounts point to the same passwords file... Right?

This discussion has been closed.