New user - minor feature request

klepp0906
klepp0906
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Brand new to 1password (probably should have started years ago as now I have quite the mess to fix) but thats another story.

I imagine use of the ui will become much less prevalent down the road when new logins need to be added or modified much less frequently. At current however I'm finding it troublesome that the only way to open the windows application is via a right click context menu, or a keyboard shortcut.

The ability to have the tray icon behave akin to something like dropbox where clicking the icon will bring up the mini-gui, whereas double clicking it will bring up the full-gui would be very helpful and intuitive. Another approach could be an option under the settings that allows you to choose the behavior aka clicking the tray opens the mini-gui or clicking it opens the full-gui.

I'd imagine the former implementation would be the preferred, but i'd be okay with whichever is easier to implement. Its just feels pretty clunky having to use the context menu to open it up via mouse.

1Password Version: 7.6.794
Extension Version: 1.23.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @klepp0906, welcome to the 1Password Support Community! 🎉 We're happy to have you in the 1Password family. :smile:

Thanks so much for this feedback! One handy way to launch the main app from the system tray is to hold the Ctrl key while single-clicking the 1Password icon in the system tray - this will launch the full app directly. Some users also choose to pin 1Password to their start menu so they can launch the 1Password from there. :smile:

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member

hey, thank you for the reply. I didnt realize you could hold ctrl and just click it. that's at least a "little" less inconvenient for my tastes. Half way between a shortcut and innate behavior i suppose :)

I'll likely resort to doing that for the time being. Would still prefer the aforementioned of course but im sure you guys have quite the list of things to tackle, many of much higher priority.

Thanks again, even though its not exactly what i'm hoping for - its helpful nonetheless.

• @klepp0906:

No problem! I'll make sure that your feedback regarding the customizable click behavior in the system tray is passed along, but I am glad that the Ctrl + click method is proving helpful. :smile: Let me know if I can help with anything else.

This discussion has been closed.