New Login Doesn't Work

Artemiche69
Artemiche69
Community Member

Hi everyone! Newb here... please forgive if my question seems redundant

I just hard reset my android and reinstalled all my apps and have to log in to all of them again. Since I didn't know any of my login info for most of them, I thought, "Well it's ok because I have 1Password!! I'll be able to make all new ones!" But........ no.

First one I tried to do was Waze. It asked me to login and 1P asked if I wanted to create a new login. Since Waze is an insignificant app, I said yes to this and created one that 1P saved. When I tried to log in with that saved info, it was denied. What did I do wrong?

If it matters, I have a OnePlus 8 Pro.

Thanks for the help
Michele

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Artemiche69!

First one I tried to do was Waze. It asked me to login and 1P asked if I wanted to create a new login. Since Waze is an insignificant app, I said yes to this and created one that 1P saved. When I tried to log in with that saved info, it was denied. What did I do wrong?

Is it possible that you created a new Login information, with a new password, but only in the 1Password app, and not in the Waze service? If the website still has your old credentials, you would need to go through the forgot password procedure in the app first.

• Artemiche69
    Artemiche69
    Community Member

Hi:) I didn't realize that Waze had an actual website. I will check it out and try again. I did notice that if I have an app that needs a login but does not have a website, sometimes it wont even offer to try to sign in or create a login. So I went to the 1P website and manually add it but then when I go to log in to the app it does not seem to know it exists. Frustrating.

• ag_audrey
    edited March 2021

Hey @Artemiche69, we apologize for the confusion.

Updating your Login credentials for Waze in 1Password does not update your actual Login credentials for Waze. You'll have to go through Waze to reset your password and then save your credentials in 1Password: https://support.1password.com/generate-website-password/?android#change-your-password.

I did notice that if I have an app that needs a login but does not have a website, sometimes it wont even offer to try to sign in or create a login. So I went to the 1P website and manually add it but then when I go to log in to the app it does not seem to know it exists.

Since we do not want to take risks with your private data and insert it where you may not want it inserted, we leave it up to you to decide if you want a given app to have access to a given Login. This only happens one time. After the first time you've used a Login in an app, we create a link between the two so we can offer it for filling from then on.

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

This discussion has been closed.