Watchtower not catching a reused password (that I happened to catch on my own!)

Options
wj1pfan
wj1pfan
Community Member
edited March 2021 in Mac

In troubleshooting a login problem with a particular site, I created a second login item. It uses the same (generated) password as the primary login. But it does not appear in Watchtower's list of reused passwords. So it would seem that it's not working as intended?

The username is formatted slightly differently between the two entries (both are valid formats), but both the password and the URL are absolutely identical. Although the duplicate entry was originally created for testing purposes, both can log in to the site successfully. I was going to delete the duplicate, but I thought I would report this apparent problem first.

What might be going on here? Is there some special criterion that Watchtower uses to determine reused passwords that isn't being met?

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @wj1pfan

With your logins having Identical URLS, the behavior is working as intended.

• wj1pfan
    wj1pfan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @ag_tommy. I should have realized that the URL, rather than the username, would be the crucial factor!

• You're welcome. Let us know of you encounter any other issues. We would be happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.