To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do you delete a password? Cannot find the edit/delete functions as stated in the support page.

George_BRO98020
George_BRO98020
Community Member
edited April 2021 in Memberships

Using google Chrome in a Windows 10 operating system.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do you delete a password? Cannot find the edit/delete functions.

Comments

• George_BRO98020
    George_BRO98020
    Community Member

Just in case you would like to know the solution to the problem?
    1Password only allows you to delete passwords on the local desktop APP.
    It is a no go on the 1password web page, which is counterintuitive to the way importing of passwords is allowed.
    This is not mentioned in the help page or the support articles i have seen so far.
    This should be made clear as I was ready to cancel my subscription before it activated,
    Looks like a common problem, especially for newcomers to 1password.

Best Regards
    George

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @George_BRO98020!

It is a no go on the 1password web page

You can indeed delete items from 1Password.com too, if you prefer. Here are the instructions:

Delete items

• George_BRO98020
    George_BRO98020
    Community Member

Hello, there is no link to connect for instructions. I did try to follow the instructions provided by 1password. Do I need to adjust some setting in google chrome?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@George_BRO98020:

Hello, there is no link to connect for instructions.

Can you please clarify what you mean by this? Do you see the Delete items link in my previous message?

• George_BRO98020
    George_BRO98020
    Community Member

Yes I did, thought it would delete something so I left it alone, will try it now. thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @George_BRO98020, let us know how it goes :+1: :)

• George_BRO98020
    George_BRO98020
    Community Member

I logged into the 1password web page and there is no edit function available, is there a function needed to be enabled for this feature to turn on?

• George_BRO98020
    George_BRO98020
    Community Member

I have the feeling that i am on the incorrect web page.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@George_BRO98020:

Can you maybe post a screenshot of where you are? This is where you can find the Edit button in an item when you are on 1Password.com:

• George_BRO98020
    George_BRO98020
    Community Member

Found the right spot today, the instructions missed the first step I believe.

• @George_BRO98020

That's great, I'm glad you were able to track down the Edit button! Let us know if we can help out with anything else - we're always happy to assist. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.