There appears to be a bug in the 1password extension for safari.

Options
Guerney
Guerney
Community Member
edited April 2021 in Mac

I have been using 1Password for over a year. I have changed my passwords multiple time and the safari application pickes up the new passwords. However, this stopped working for a password I use internally. Auto fill works, but it fills in the wrong password. I checked the 1password application on my iPad and it has the correct password. I tried to reset the Safari extension, I wanted it to refresh itself. But I have been unsuccessful in doing that. Note that I use 1Passwrod on multiple systems iPad, Windows 10, Linux. All of the other systems, except the Safari extension for iPad properly picked up the change. What should I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:safari issue

Comments

• Guerney
    Guerney
    Community Member
    Options

Just after reporting this problem, I tried a different way to reset the extension. I closed all of my Safari Windows, closed Safari. and then reopened Safari. I then went to a website which required the password and it worked properly. Therefore appears to have been a user error. I have had safari open across multiple password changes without this issue. At least now I know how to force it to reload the password cache. This may become an inconvenience because I rely on the fact that I can close the iPad and open it up later (arbitray amount of time) after I may have worked on other systems (using 1Password) and I expect it to work properly. It has for over a year. I apologize for asking too soon. I hope this additional information is useful for you.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021
    Options

@Guerney

I wanted to make sure I had your details correct. You posted in the Mac section. The issue was with the iPad correct? If so it sounds like the autofill cache was stale and restarting Safari helped clear that up.

• Guerney
    Guerney
    Community Member
    Options

Correct. I apologize for my mistake. The issue is with an iPad pro to be specific.

• @Guerney

No apologies necessary. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.