2FA codes are missing from logins that have 2FA enabled

4nthony
4nthony
Community Member

Hi,

Has anyone had 2FA codes go missing on logins where 2FA is enabled?

I have several logins in 1Password that have 2FA enabled using 1Password's authenticator, but when I view the logins, there is no 2FA code visible.

For example, I have multiple GoDaddy logins. One login, which never had 2FA enabled has a banner on the login saying it's available:

My login that should have 2FA enabled doesn't show the one-time code and does not display the banner:

Is there anyway to diagnose and see what modification I made to my login on Jan 28, 2020?

It's possible there was some user error happening here, but I don't know how I would've set up 2FA on this GoDaddy login without using 1P.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• @4anthony

The tag 2FA in your second item is a way to tell 1Password to ignore any prompts like the message you see in the first screenshot.

• 4nthony
    4nthony
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

Great, thank you for that. I deleted the tag and sure enough, the banner is back. It would be great to be able to see a log of all changes to a login since it was created.

Now I just need to figure out how 2FA was created on my GoDaddy account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2021

@4nthony:

It would be great to be able to see a log of all changes to a login since it was created.

Perhaps the item history feature could help here:

View and restore previous versions of items

This discussion has been closed.