Lost generated passwords

mnot
mnot
Community Member

On some sites, if I enter the 'change password' flow and use a generated password from the 1password popup, the generated password is lost -- i.e., it isn't saved in 1Password, isn't on the clipboard, and I don't get a modal to create or update a saved password, but the site receives and processes the password change. This means I have to go through an additional, full password reset.

E.g., Twitter.

Anyone else encounter this? Is there a workaround?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mnot!

Every generated password is saved by default in the Passwords category inside the 1Password app. Have you checked there too?

• mnot
    mnot
    Community Member

Yep - it doesn't show up there either.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mnot:

What version of the browser extension are you using?

• mnot
    mnot
    Community Member

Safari, latest (both Safari and 1pw)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mnot:

Thank you for the confirmation! I have just tested this in Safari with 1Password 7.8 and I was not able to reproduce this. Are you able to reproduce this on demand? If you could share with us the step-by-step instructions to make this happen, we can certainly test this.

• mnot
    mnot
    Community Member

Will do when I get a chance (likely tomorrow).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @mnot, thank you!

• mnot
    mnot
    Community Member
    1. Log into an existing Twitter account
    2. Click more -> Settings and privacy -> Your account -> Change your password to get to https://twitter.com/settings/password
    3. Enter your current password (1pw will autofill)
    4. Click in New password; 1pw will do a popup with Use Suggested Password
    5. Click on the suggested password to autofill (in both fields)
    6. Click Save.
    7. Notice that there is not a modal to save the password, it is not on the clipboard, and it is not saved in 1pw.

This is Safari Version 14.0.3 (16610.4.3.1.7), 1pw 7.8 (70800001).

• @mnot

Do you have iCloud keychain turned on? I wonder if what you saw was a suggestion from it. Do you see the password if you Open Safari > Preferences > Passwords? I was also unable to reproduce your results and my generated password was saved in 1Password.

• mnot
    mnot
    Community Member

Nope.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mnot:

Since we are unable to reproduce this, would you be able to send us a short screen recording of the process?

This discussion has been closed.