1Pass working on laptop & iPhone, not on new Mac Pro or online

Options
ZachMac
ZachMac
Community Member
edited March 2021 in Mac

Hi all,

Been using 1Password for so many years I can't remember. It's always been my go to recommendation for password vaults.
After today, not so sure...

Until yesterday I was using it - without issue - on three devices: iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro. Yesterday introduced a new Mac Pro to the mix.

Installed the Mac desktop app, everything was working fine. I entered the Master Password that I was sure I'd last been entering on my laptop (before using TouchID) and my iPhone (before lettingFaceID take over). Rejected. I quickly looked up the Emergency Kit and lo and behold, I didn't write down the MPW when I signed up for the subscription plan last year. I did however copy the password to an old fashioned text note so I had it ready to copy/paste.
Thinking I'd be fine, I entered this password in the MPW field and much to my current dismay - it was rejected.

Now here's the mystery thing I don't get, but fully expect one of you to get.

On the new Mac Pro I can't get in to 1Password no matter which password combination I enter.

On the iPhone app I can get in with FaceID - but the app immediately goes to a Sign-In Error window. Now, I can choose "Not now" and go to categories and see all of my logins. I can go to Settings, then Accounts, and go to my account settings. I can even see the "Change Master Password" in blue. However, when I go to this section and I'm asked for my current Account Password, I enter what was forever my password, I get rejected, but then when I enter the password I'd written down in the old fashioned text note - voila - I'm taken to the next page to enter a new Master Password. In this window I've entered a few different combinations - old and new - and nothing. The page just hangs there. The Change Account Password is greyed out, but nothing happens. So back to square one...

I also cannot sign-in to my account on my1password.com with this same password. I get rejected. So much rejection. That, and when I go through the steps under "Having trouble signing in?" I get a silly run around. I have my Secret Key, but this doesn't seem to help at all on the page that the automatic system redirected me to via email. Kind of useless?

On the laptop, where I'm currently writing this, I can get in using TouchID or Apple Watch, and once in I can see my vault, and all my logins. But the app also pops up the Authentication Error window. In it are my email, my Secret Key, and a blank password field. When I enter the same password I used in the iPhone app I get rejected. When I enter any number of passwords it could have been, I get rejected.

One thing I was able to do was backup a vault to Dropbox, but I realize that even if I delete the account - which I'd rather not do - this OpVault is still likely protected my the same MPW. I was thinking that maybe I could just delete the account and somehow retain all of my data this way.

I think that's enough for now. This is throughly confusing.
More than happy to answer any and all questions.

Cheers!

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ZachMac!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you are already troubleshooting this with my colleagues via email. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will let you continue the conversation over there :+1:

Thank you for your patience!

ref: YDR-28481-548

This discussion has been closed.