Search syntax?

Options
Psychor
Psychor
Community Member

Hi,

How do I perform a more precise search? For example, let say I want to find the word "apple" just in the NOTES field of any password entry. Currently, if I search "apple" it will search all fields for all entries. It would be nice to be able to perform a search along the lines of "in:notes apple."

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Psychor

It sounds like an advanced search would be the right choice. Search 1Password to find what you need

• Psychor
    Psychor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_tommy. That's what I was looking for.

However, while this works for 1Password for the Mac I don't see this level of depth of search in the 1Password Windows app. Do I need to make another post in that forum?

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021
    Options

@Psychor

Hmm, It looks like Windows does not have that level of search. All I found was this from the Windows page. I'm checking with my Windows colleagues. ;)

To search the current view, use the search field above the list of items (Ctrl + F). To search all items, press Ctrl + Shift + F.

To search for items without any tags, use tag:. Follow with a tag name to search for items with a particular tag. You can also use title: to search only item titles, and file: to search for attachments.

To search in 1Password mini, click the 1Password icon in the menu bar, or press Ctrl + Alt + backslash ().

• @Psychor

My windows colleagues let me know that the portions I mention above are the sum of the advanced searching abilities for Windows at this time.

• Psychor
    Psychor
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Thanks. Would it be possible to ask that search parity across all of the 1Password platforms be looked into?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We can certainly pass the request to the developers @Psychor :+1:

• Psychor
    Psychor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana