1Password sometimes covers the field options

Options

Sometimes, when filling out information on a web form, 1password will pop up offering to fill a field for which it doesn't have information. These fields often have some sort of small drop-down with the available options ... but when the 1password box pops up, it covers the options at least partially, and sometimes completely, making the form impossible to fill out.

What I have to do is log out of 1password, reload the site, and then hope I can get the information filled in ... If I need 1password for part of the form, I have to log in to get that information, then log out to fill out the rest of the form.

There seems to be no way to "invoke" the field filling capability with a hotkey or something, so the offer to fill box only pops up when I want it to. Even when I can work around the 1password offer to fill boxes, it's actually quite annoying to move through a form of 25-30 fields with all the little boxes popping up, interfering with what I'm trying to get done. 1password either tries to fill in EVERY field on EVERY page on EVERY site I visit, or it does NONE of them. There is no "in-between."

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @riw777!

Can you let us know the URLs where you have encountered this? Our developers can certainly take a closer look at those pages and see why 1Password is appearing on those fields :+1:

• ripebeetle
    ripebeetle
    Community Member
    Options

i am having this problem too! its actually on an application I am building. Is there a way for me to fix this?

• @ripebeetle

If you code the field as autocompletetype="off" this will automatically disable the inline menu on field focus. Can you give that a try and let us know if it helps?

• random_appleseed
    random_appleseed
    Community Member
    Options

Here is an URL where I have encountered this issue. When filling the "From" or "To" fields the 1password dropdown menu should not show up!

https://www.spirit.com/

• Thanks for sharing the URL @random_appleseed! You're right, we should not be attempting to autofill the city selection form. I've reported this to our development team. Hopefully we can improve how 1Password behaves on spirit.com in an upcoming release.

In the meantime, quickly hitting esc on your keyboard will effectively minimize the inline menu and allow you to continue with the field selection. I apologize for the disruption here.

ref: ref: dev/core/core#9640

This discussion has been closed.