Sharing passwords between accounts.

jwilley
jwilley
Community Member

I have both a personal (family) and account with my employer. There are some passwords I want to share between them. Is there an easy way to either:
1. Share the specific passwords
2. Add my work account to my family account and then create vaults between them
It seems like the only way to do this is to sign in and out of accounts depending on the password...but this is not easy to do on my iPhone. Is there an easier way?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Adding existing account to family account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jwilley!

The quickest way would be to copy the items you want to share from one account to the other:

Move and copy items

You would have duplicate items for these, but they will be available in both accounts.

• jwilley
    jwilley
    Community Member

Thanks ag_ana...It turns out the iPhone app is much easier to use with multiple accounts than I thought. So I think it will be fine. How can you move and copy items if you do not share a vault? Can you share faults with people outside your family?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jwilley:

How can you move and copy items if you do not share a vault?

It doesn't matter if a vault is shared or not :+1: If you can access the first and second vault, you can move items between them, even if they are not shared. For example, you can do this even if you have an Individual account with multiple vaults inside it.

Can you share faults with people outside your family?

No, in order to share vaults, the person must be invited to the account first, as a member or as a guest. Once they are a member of the account, you can share information with them.

This discussion has been closed.