BUG? Strange performance issues unlocking 1Password X on macbook external screens

Options
thezanke
thezanke
Community Member
edited August 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I have noticed a very strange issue and can't find it reported elsewhere in these forums yet. If I just missed it feel free to direct me to the right place and/or delete this post.

I am using:

• 1Password X extension, version 1.20.0
  • Brave web browser, version 1.11.104
  • macOS Catalina, version 10.15.6

When I try to unlock 1Password X on Brave, if it's on an external screen, the extension will re-render updates in the input EXTREMELY slowly (it's similar to what you see with over-rendering issues in a React.js app, if you know what I mean). Despite the slow re-rendering the input IS picking up keystrokes. I can type my whole password and hit enter before it shows I typed anything at all and it'll unlock the extension.

Curiously, if I do this on my built-in MBP screen the re-rendering speed is perfectly fine, but if cancel the prompt and move the window to a different screen the problem immediately comes back when I try to unlock the extension.

Anyways, hopefully this makes it to the right person/backlog!

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thezanke! Welcome to the forum!

This sounds like the Chromium bug which kaitlyn mentioned here.

• thezanke
    thezanke
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Aha! Right you are, that does sound like the same report! I'm glad it's being tracked! It's interesting that it only happens during master password input; after that all the lag clears up fine. Thanks!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @thezanke! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• pangolinpuns
    pangolinpuns
    Community Member
    Options

Anybody else seeing this fully resolved? Chrome Version 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (arm64), 1password version 1.24.0, macOS 11.2.3. Small thing but nice to see the screen reflect the keyboard input.

• @pangolinpuns, we did work around the bug in our latest release, 1.24.0. :smile:

On a Mac, using the pop-up on a secondary monitor is now much more responsive. {#55}

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/B5X#v20145

• pangolinpuns
    pangolinpuns
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, great! Thanks :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @pangolinpuns :)

This discussion has been closed.