New phone, uninstall question

telUK
telUK
Community Member

Hi

I have 1password installed on a few iOS devices, soon I will be getting a new iPhone, I would just like to know how to uninstall the app on my old iPhone.

Do I just delete the app like any other app?

Also I have 1password 2fa enabled, and the codes are on the old iPhone, I presume I should also disable 2fa temporally.

If I disable 2fa and then reactivate after new phone is setup will all my other devices get logged out of 1password with this security change?

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @telUK!

Do I just delete the app like any other app?

Yes :)

Also I have 1password 2fa enabled, and the codes are on the old iPhone, I presume I should also disable 2fa temporally.

Do you mean that you stored the 2FA codes for your 1Password account inside the 1Password app?

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

Hi @ag_ana

No sorry I mean the 2fa code is stored separate on another app on my iPhone, but I dont think its easy to move across to new iPhone, so I think it will be easier to just disable 2fa until new phone is setup?

But would any change to 2fa log me out of all the other devices I have 1p installed on?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@telUK:

No sorry I mean the 2fa code is stored separate on another app on my iPhone, but I dont think its easy to move across to new iPhone

Thank you for the clarification! Some 2FA apps have backup capabilities, so you could use that to move things from one device to another. What authenticator app is this?

But would any change to 2fa log me out of all the other devices I have 1p installed on?

I think so, I think you would need to authenticate with 2FA again, since the codes would change after you disable and enable it again.

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

@ag_ana

It's google authenticator.

To be honest I think I will just disable 2fa and log in again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@telUK:

To be honest I think I will just disable 2fa and log in again.

I don't believe there is a built-in easy way to export Google Authenticator data, so if your phone is the only device that has these codes (and you have not scanned your QR codes on any other device), then disabling and enabling 2FA in 1Password is certainly an option at this point :+1:

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member

@ag_ana , thanks for the help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.