Autofill doesn’t show up on Opera Touch

Eimy
Eimy
Community Member

Hello, I’m using the Opera Touch browser on my Android device and autofill doesn’t seem to work on it. It does work when I tried on Chrome. I have both Autofill and accessibility enabled.

It seems like it’s supposed to work:

Autofill will fill in many apps and in some browsers (like Firefox, DuckDuckGo, and Opera Touch), but not in all apps or browsers.

1Password Version: 7.7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:opera

Comments

• Hey @Eimy, welcome to the Forum!

Opera Touch is an Autofill supported browser, so it should definitely work as expected. Can you try resetting your Autofill settings by going to your 1Password app > Settings > Autofill and turning off both Autofill and Accessibility and then turning them both back on again?

• Eimy
    Eimy
    Community Member

Hello @ag_audrey, thanks for your reply!
    I tried what you suggested but unfortunately it didn't change anything.

Most of the time, it shows up only when tapping on the password input and just fills the password. The email input is rarely recognized.
    Sometimes it doesn't work at all (nothing shows up when tapping on any input).

• Thanks for the info, @Eimy. I've just tested filling in Opera Touch on my end, and it's working for me. Are you having trouble with a particular website?

• Eimy
    Eimy
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

Yes, for instance it’s not working on instagram.com for me as you can see in this screen recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JANtBAxVaOeWvNiNjuhNVH5xVe-8qewX/view?usp=sharing (it shows up only when focusing the password field, and fills only the password field).

And it doesn’t work at all on 1password.community, but it works on github.com 🤷‍♀️

All 3 of them work in the Chrome app.

• Hey @Eimy, thank you for following up with us.

I downloaded and tested these sites in Opera Touch. I can confirm I see the same behaviour where the Autofill prompt only shows up for the password fields for both instagram.com and 1password.community. I've gone ahead and reported this to our development team.

In the meantime, I'd recommend using our drag and drop feature to drag your username over for these particular sites: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-android/#drag-and-drop-to-fill-in-other-apps.

Let us know if you encounter any other sites with filling issues!

This discussion has been closed.