How to turn off Private Infos Autofill

Options
b0gus
b0gus
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I am using Windows Edge Chromium as my main Browser.
1Password offers an autofill option for private Infos (Adress, Name etc.)
Tbh i prefer to use Edge Autofill Option but cannot find where to turn off the autofill in 1Password

From what i see is that i just can turn off 1Password completely in Edge what i dont want ;)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: OneDrive

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @b0gus,

I don't believe it is possible. Usually, we recommend turning off the built-in password manager in your browser to avoid conflicts like this.

To confirm, could you please specify the version of 1Password in the browser that you use now?

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• b0gus
    b0gus
    Community Member
    Options

Using the newest available Version (No Beta)
    Theres no Conflict its just that i want to use the Autofill for Adresses from Edge not from 1Password but if that isnt possible......

• ag_michaelc
    edited April 2021
    Options

@b0gus, you can adjust when and how 1Password appears in fields on a page by right-clicking the 1Password icon in your toolbar and choosing Settings. From there, "Make 1Password the default the password manager" being turned off would allow the browser autofill engine to work as well, or you can adjust additional settings under the Autofill section.

I'd be curious to know more about your specific use case here — is 1Password not filling forms well for you, or is it something else?

• b0gus
    b0gus
    Community Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

Its just the Adress, Most of the Rest (Passwords) is quite OK.

The Adress will just be filled if i click to the E-Mail Field. So.... if theres no Email Field i cant fill the Adress

Edge is doing it a bit smarter, so for Adresses only i would like to use Edge buts not possible. I need to turn off 1Password Web App to use it which is just to complicated..... Anyway.... Maybe some day 1password will do it as smart as edge is doing it

Thx 4 helping. Can be closed

• Hey @b0gus. Ah, I follow now. You can fill from the pop-up as well, if you click the 1Password icon in your toolbar. In the meantime, if you turn off ""Make 1Password the default the password manager", you should be able to use both side by side, although the might get in each other's way sometimes. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.