1 Password won’t open on iPad Pro

JuneC
JuneC
Community Member
edited December 2020 in iOS

I have used 1 Password for years on my iPad Pro and iPads before this one. I have never had a problem. But now it won’t unlock. It works on my other devices but not this one. It acts like its opening and even says it’s unlocked but it’s not. Please help. thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• entrolution
    entrolution
    Community Member

This is exactly what is happening on my iPad Pro now as well:
    I open the 1Password App (FaceID never shows up if it is turned on, so I have it turned off now), I enter in the correct password, and it says “Unlocked” — but stops opening and stays permanently stuck on the “Unlocked” screen.

iPadOS 14.4.2
    1Password version (unknown, because I can’t open it to check)
    Sync Type: WLAN

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JuneC, @entrolution:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• fredini
    fredini
    Community Member

My mother is having this exact issue with her ipad pro. She has a 3rd party cover/keyboard attached to the ipad. When the keyboard is attached, you can enter the 1Password password in the app, but it hangs after entering the password. When you disconnect the keyboard, it works as expected. This has been going on for about the last year. I don't have model numbers/keyboard info with me ATM, but can find out...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@fredini:

Have you sent us a diagnostics report from that device already? We can certainly take a look at that too :+1:

• deezmitch
    deezmitch
    Community Member

For anyone coming across this, I experienced the same on an iPad3 with a Belkin BT keyboard (1p version 7.7.6). Detaching the keyboard from iOS was enough to be able to enter the password and have the app working again.

In my case it was because I recently restarted my iPad with the KB attached and had not logged in to 1p, therefore it did not present me with the touch id option (only does this after a successful login with password).

So, to recap

1. disable BT keyboard
    2. login to 1p
    3. make sure touch id works (close and open should do it)
    4. enable BT keyboard
    5. enjoy

If you don't want to enable touch id ymmv

Cheers.

• Thanks for sharing that with the community @deezmitch

This discussion has been closed.