On which cloud are my 1Password passwords stored?

Options
emskor
emskor
Community Member
edited April 2021 in Mac

I purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store. I am using version 7.8 on an M1 MacBook Air. I checked preferences and cannot find a sync type or mention of a cloud. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:where are my passwords stored

Comments

• @emskor

If you don't see an option for syncing in the 1Password preferences, then you'll be using a 1Passwword.com membership. While using a membership, the sync options are not exposed as 1Password handles all of those details for you.

• varenc
    varenc
    Community Member
    Options

Open up 1Password preferences (⌘+,) and check the "Accounts" tab and also the "Sync" tab. That should show you how your passwords are being synced.

If you created a 1Password account, then its probably using 1Password's "cloud" to sync your passwords. That seems to be the default 1Password is really encouraging. Or it's possible your passwords aren't being synced at all but then that's not very helpful.

Also keep in mind 1Password uses end-to-end encryption so no matter where your passwords are being stored, it's all encrypted and can't be decrypted/read without knowing your 1Password password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the assist here @varenc :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.