synchronization windows

aleangiulli
aleangiulli
Community Member
edited March 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,
using mac + iphone synchronization and backup are done on icloud.
But if I use windows + mobile, where is the synchronization done?
thank you

ciao,
utilizzando mac + iphone la sincronizzazione e il backup vengono fatti su icloud.
Ma se utilizzo windows + cellulare la sincronizzazione dove viene fatta?
grazie saluti

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @aleangiulli!

But if I use windows + mobile, where is the synchronization done?

If you are using a 1Password membership the sync is done automatically. Every non-local vault will be synchronized via 1Password servers. (Read here: https://support.1password.com/sync/)
    If you are not using a membership and using local vaults you have to sync them via 3rd party cloud e.g. iCloud, Dropbox... by yourself.

• Dayton_ag
    edited April 2021

Bingo @DenalB!

We love 1Password accounts because they take the hassle out of managing your data manually, and avoid some of the pitfalls that syncing via third-party services can run into (such as sync via iCloud being unavailable on non-Apple devices). Of course, 1Password membership comes with a lot of other benefits too - you can read more at the link below:

Why Membership?

If you have any questions, let me know! I'm always happy to help. :smile:

• aleangiulli
    aleangiulli
    Community Member

ok, so if I make a subscription with 1password family can we synchronize the passwords on the secure servers of 1password?

can we synchronize passwords with windows, iphone and android, using 1password's servers?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@aleangiulli
    Yes and yes! If you sign up for a membership (family or individual) all of your entries in that account will be synced automatically between all your devices. 😉

• aleangiulli
    aleangiulli
    Community Member

all passwords are stored only on 1password server, no third party server? thank you very much

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Yes. If you are on a membership all passwords are saved on 1Password servers.

BUT... You also have the possibility to create a local vault which is located on your device only and which you have to sync manually.

By default a membership account syncs to 1Password servers. 😉

• aleangiulli
    aleangiulli
    Community Member

thank you very much for the replies.

If i subscribe with family profile, can we share some passwords with some family members?

if for example, I change the password in my safe, is the password changed and updated on their safe as well?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

If i subscribe with family profile, can we share some passwords with some family members?

Yes. You can. ;)

Your family account includes a vault called Shared that’s available to everyone you’ve invited. To share items with individual family members, create a new vault and share it with only the people who need access.

Read more about sharing passwords here:
    https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/

• aleangiulli
    aleangiulli
    Community Member

fantastic!!
    the family group has 5 members, can I add as many members as I want? what is the maximum number of family members?
    thank you very much, you are a real expert !!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

the family group has 5 members

Yes. You are allowed to invite 5 members.

can I add as many members as I want?

Yes, of course! If you need more members you can invite more than 5 members for $1 each. (https://1password.com/families/)

thank you very much, you are a real expert !!

You are very welcome. 👍

• aleangiulli
    aleangiulli
    Community Member

1) can i add 20 family members? is there a limit?

2) Can I make different shares?
    example .. some passwords shared with group A, other passwords shared with group B?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

is there a limit?

I don’t think that there is a limit. Maybe money is the limit. 😉

can i add 20 family members?

I think so. But keep in mind that only 5 members are included in the monthly fee. For the other 15 members you have to pay another $15 a month.

Can I make different shares?

Yes. Just read here how to share vaults:
    https://support.1password.com/create-share-vaults/

• aleangiulli
    aleangiulli
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

thank you very much.

one last question, I take advantage of your experience.
    Does "1password" store personal data? email, telephone, addresses, etc ..
    when I have to enter my data on a specific site, does 1password automatically fill in all the data?

Thanks again

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Does "1password" store personal data? email, telephone, addresses, etc ..

https://1password.com/legal/privacy/ ;)

when I have to enter my data on a specific site, does 1password automatically fill in all the data?

No, 1Password does not fill in your data automatically. Normally you have to choose what data to fill in.

Here are good guidelines for autofilling:
    https://support.1password.com/save-fill-passwords/
    https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

• aleangiulli
    aleangiulli
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

I'm sorry, I explained wrong.

Can I store addresses, email, telephone, name and surname?

when i have to register on a site, can i tell 1password to fill in the data? not automatically, I choose the data I want to fill.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Can I store addresses, email, telephone, name and surname?

Yes. You can store these things as identities and use them when autofilling address data on websites.

when i have to register on a site, can i tell 1password to fill in the data?

Yes, as I wrote above your answer! Just read the 2 guidelines. ;)

• aleangiulli
    aleangiulli
    Community Member

thank you very much for all the info, now I will do some tests.

a last question..
    the codes for "2fa authentication", do you save them in the 1passord app?
    I have read that it is not recommended to save password and "2fa code" in the same program.
    what do you think about it?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

the codes for "2fa authentication", do you save them in the 1passord app?

Yes, I do. I only use 1Password for my passwords and 2fa codes. Only the 2fa code which is for 1Password I‘m using another authenticator app for. 😉

• Thanks so much for all your assistance here @DenalB!

@aleangiulli: If you need a large number of user accounts, feel free to send us an email at support@1password.com, with a brief description of how you intend to use 1Password, and we'll do our best to match you up with a suitable plan.

I'll second @DenalB's comments about 2FA - we definitely suggest using 1Password to store and generate 2FA codes for your digital accounts. If you activate two-factor authentication for your 1Password account, we suggest using a different authenticator for 1Password's code - this could prevent accidental lock-outs if you were to lose access to your 1Password data and need to sign in on a new device.

Let us know if we can answer any other questions! :smile:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks @Dayton_ag ! :+1:

• Any time! :smile: :+1:

• aleangiulli
    aleangiulli
    Community Member

thanks for the replies.

to memorize 2FA codes is it not dangerous to use the same program?

if an attacker accesses your passwords without a 2FA code, it does nothing. if instead the 2FA code is together with the password, it will have full control.

• aleangiulli
    aleangiulli
    Community Member

hi, i read the comments, and i still have doubts about saving 2fa codes in 1password.

in my opinion, it is not a good thing to save the "2fa codes" in the same password manager.
    in my opinion, 2fa codes have to be in a different place.

there are many apps on the mobile that store 2fa codes, for example "microsoft authenticator" unlocks with faceid, in this way only passwords are saved in 1password, if an attacker enters the "1password" app without 2fa codes he can't do it nothing.

in your opinion, what is the reason to keep "2fa codes" in 1password ????
    what are the favorable reasons?

thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@aleangiulli:

You can see several reasons in the discussion DenalB posted in his previous message, but if you prefer to use a separate app, you can certainly do that. From a security perspective, it is definitely a good idea if you don't mind the loss of convenience of having two use two apps, keep two backups etc :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana !

@aleangiulli
    I feel secure using 1Password to save passwords and 2fa codes. But you don‘t have to do like I do. It isn’t a must. If you are not sure using one app for both just use two apps. But keep in mind that you have to backup your 2fa codes in the other app. 😉

• aleangiulli
    aleangiulli
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

Thanks for your answers.
    I feel safer to keep 2FA codes separate.
    I plan to use 1passwors for passwords, and Microsoft authenticator for 2FA codes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @aleangiulli, sounds good :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

It's your decision @aleangiulli and sounds like a good plan. :+1:

Have fun with 1Password. ;)

• :smile: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.