Is there a way to open from the browser extension to a new tab read only like Edit does?

Options

With the current need to enter my Master Password in both the browser extension and the Desktop app, I end up using the browser extension the most. To me, the size of the window from the browser extension is too small. So I end up having to click Edit to get 1Password to open in a browser tab and then have to click Cancel. Is there a way I am missing to open the browser extension details in a browser tab in read only?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @dcwebman

I believe I am following your train of thought. No, there is no way to do this from 1Password in the browser. I can't think of a workaround other than opening the app. Which is my preferred method due to the extra real estate, and I prefer the app over the web interface. I'm old school, I guess, but it works for me. lol I can't wait till the feature returns. That will save me a lot of typing.

• dcwebman
    dcwebman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I prefer the app too but the convenience of the browser extension is hard to beat. Hopefully we'll soon see the ability to enter the master password one time to use in both the extension and app.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021
    Options

:+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.