Moving all data from one account to another

Hi Guys,

First of all, I would like to say a big Thank You to the whole 1Password team. I am a member since 2016 and can't recommend 1Password enough, its a life changer You guys are doing a great work!

Now, the actual issue: I created a new 1Password account on EU domain and want to move all my data along with QR codes from my current US domain account and close it for good.

I have found an article on your website showing the process: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

I followed the points 1-4 from Step 1, that is:

1. Made sure I am logged in to my 1Password Windows app using my current US account
  2. Logged in to my newly created EU account via browser
  3. Clicked to account name and then to Get the Apps option. After that clicked to Add your account directly option
  4. Entered the Master Password and clicked to Sign In.

According to the manual, it should bring Transfer Items dialogue after this (Point 5 in Step 1), however, it doesn't bring anything for me - it just adds my new EU account to my 1Password Windows app that already has the US account and that's it. So I cannot carry on with the transfer.

I tried reinstalling the app, logging in and out multiple times, changing browsers, deleting cookies, even tried this on 2 other laptops with the same results. I even tried to swap the accounts (that is - logged in to Windows app using EU account and logged in to browser using US account and followed the same steps). In all cases, I am not getting Transfer Items option.

Is there a bug or something?

Could you please shed some light on this and advise how can I proceed with the migration? Thanks a lot.

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 1.24.0
OS Version: Windows 10 20H2
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• @Captain_Hook

You'll want to follow the directions for changing your region.

1Password in your region - Change your region

• @Captain_Hook

From my understanding, everything would need to be set up again. Nothing is shared, everything is new. You'll have a new sign-in address (likely https://my.1password.eu * Please check your Emergency Kit), Secret Key, and 2FA. I am based in the US and don't often answer questions about changing regions. Thankfully, you're giving me some lessons tonight. :blush:

The data store is part of Amazon's EU Frankfurt region, which is located in Germany.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @Captain_Hook! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.