Why is a secure note revealed during 1Password login?

Options
DonM18
DonM18
Community Member
edited April 2021 in iOS

So i entered a password inside a secure note. 1password or IOS chose to reveal that password - It is showing it plain as day right there when I try to log into 1password as if I could use it to log into 1password. WHAT >? WHY ? Something is very wrong here. Why would a secure note be shared in a way with IOS like this? It is when 1password wants me to enter in the master password. 1 password revealed a secure not You know when you try to log into 1password there in this little box it is offering it with a key next to it and it is showing that criticle password that I typed into a secure note. Why woudl any part of a secure note in 1password be showing up like this ? that makes no sense at all. It HAS to be a virus. I so no other way I can not make any logical reason why part of a secure note in 1password would be revealed like as if it was trying to "help" me. something is very wrong here. One password has this key shape and the password that I entered in was next to this key when I tried to log into 1password. I do not know how else to describe this crazy event. Something is very wrong.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DonM18
    DonM18
    Community Member
    Options

So yes I now see it again as I am login into the 1password with the master password there in the autotype it is revealing this critical information that I put in A SECURE NOTE inside 1password right there for the world to see in the place where you can click on it it above the text in IOS their is are two grey undo redo arrows a little grey box outline with a thing around then some space and then to the right of that there is my the password that I do not want anyone to see showing up right there to be clicked on as if I could use it to put in as auto text. So IOS chose to use that password that I put in a secure note. So is it some crazy setting ? Did I chose a setting that says reveal my secure note in auto text ? And why was this text randomly chose ? was it the word "BANK" in my secure note

• @DonM18

Did you accidentally save this password inside iOS?

Open the Settings app and navigate to passwords. In the listing there, do you see your password? If so, remove it. That should prevent the password from being offered up by iOS.

• DonM18
    DonM18
    Community Member
    Options

So it is under passwords and accounts and for some reason 1password.com thinks that my banking login is the login for password.com I need to understand what is happening here because I do not know how this inadvertently happened.

The note was entered 3/12 I am calling it the note - Im going to refer to at as the "Critical Note" or "CN" - And I am going to describe "CN": So it is not so frustrating to write about it. To clarify again I entered "CN" information in 1password as a secure note. The note did not fully disclose the password as i used xxxx in places - it look kinda like this Banklogin 44xxx55xxxx44 If IOS saved this as a password it defiantly was not during a login because it would not have worked. I need to understand how this information from a secure note ended up to be under website & app passwords - under the very last one after Z it is labled # like there are 49 website & app passwords and this one is not A or B or C it is after Z and it is "#" and it is thinking it is the login for 1password.com I am baffeled

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DonM18:

So it is under passwords and accounts and for some reason 1password.com thinks that my banking login is the login for password.com I need to understand what is happening here because I do not know how this inadvertently happened.

If you open this item in 1Password, what is the value of the website field in it?

This discussion has been closed.