Cannot Sign In to `1Password account on iOS after enabling two-factor authentication.

casanabria
casanabria
Community Member

After enabling two-factor authentication using an Authenticator App (Twilio Authy), I cannot sign in to my 1P account. I am asked for the Authenticator App password twice and then for my Master Password.

I receive the following error: "We're having trouble logging in to your account. Please make sure your Secret Key and password are filled in correctly."

I can confirm that all the information is accurate, including the URL, email, Secret Key, and Master Password.

Please help me solve the issue so my phone can sync to my 1P account.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.4.1
Sync Type: 1Password Family
Referrer: forum-search:cannot sign in ios

Comments

• @casanabria

Are you able to login if you open your code generator first and memorize or copy the code before attempting authenticating in 1Password? Please be sure not to switch away from 1Password at the authentication prompt. If you can authenticate this way, that's great.

• casanabria
    casanabria
    Community Member

I closed 1P completely. Started Authy to get the code and memorized it. The next screen asks for my Master Password and I enter it correctly, only to be asked for the Authenticator code again, which I cannot get without switching away from 1P.
    I tried doing the whole thing in less than the 20 seconds that the authenticator app allows, and the only difference is that instead of a static gray banner with the message I posted about, I receive the same message in a pop up dialog box.

• @casanabria

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device and give us a chance to look at the logs and try to find a solution for you.

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/120216/cannot-sign-in-to-1password-account-on-ios-after-enabling-two-factor-authentication
    • Your forum username: casanabria

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• @casanabria

You could optionally turn off 2FA and then setup your device and then turn the feature back on. That should get you going.

• casanabria
    casanabria
    Community Member

I have set the diagnostic report. In the meantime, I will disable 2FA so 1P on iOS keeps syncing. It was already set up before I tried (unsuccessfully) to enable 2FA.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @casanabria! Have you received a ticket number already?

• casanabria
    casanabria
    Community Member

I have not.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@casanabria:

We can locate your message manually then, no worries. Did you send the message from the same email that you are using here on the forum?

• casanabria
    casanabria
    Community Member

No. I did include the forum thread URL when I submitted the diagnostic report.

It was sent from an email similar to my community forum email, but without the trailing "+1p" in the username, before the "@" character. Sorry that I don't want to post my personal email address on a public forum.

• Hi @casanabria

I was able to locate the message, however I'm wondering if there is an issue as there was an automated reply sent to you by our BitBot assistant, as well as a human reply from my colleague Tasha. I take it you have not received either of these emails? Please also note that the email we received the report from was different from the email address registered here as it was missing a numeral as well, beyond what you outlined. Does that make sense? Are you able to receive email at that address... without the numeral?

Ben

ref: TXQ-98767-759

This discussion has been closed.