Noticing high cpu usage on 7.8 when no windows are open (on macOS)

Options
kayarelle
kayarelle
Community Member
edited April 2021 in Mac

I'm on Big Sur, with the latest mac release (not beta) installed. lately i've been noticing that my 1password has been using between 30% and 90% cpu usage, even when there's no window open at the time. I'm not sure what causes it or how to work around the issue myself.

I have seen in other posts in this forum that TOTP codes could be the culprit with the timer view, and the top entry of my default all items view does have a TOTP code as part of the log in item, but when the window isn't displayed, I don't see why that should be a cause (and a simple animation shouldn't use so much cpu anyways). Is there anything I can do to work around this until a developer is able to look into it and eventually hopefully fix it? Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 (firefox)
OS Version: macOS 11.2.3
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• @kayarelle

Have you given1Password a complete quit? Please try these steps and let me know how it goes.

• Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.

Did you send any reports to our support email address? If not, and you'd like to do that please send us a message using support@1password.com.

If you need to send a diagnostic report, please use the following.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

• kayarelle
    kayarelle
    Community Member
    Options

I have quit the app completely which solves the cpu issue obviously, but that's not really viable for me as then I have to manually launch it again to do any password management stuff. I'll look into gathering diagnostics and sending that along next time I notice the high usage.

• Sounds good. We look forward to hearing from you. Have a good evening.

• @kayarelle

I've just replied to your email. Please check your inbox.

ref: QNN-62273-156

This discussion has been closed.