iPad Air 4 (2020) and TouchID not appearing consistently

emptymind
emptymind
Community Member

Hello, I have been having intermittent issues with 1Password and TouchID on my iPad Air 2 (2020).

After initial setup, the prompt for TouchID would appear. After several days, 1Password will no longer show an option to unlock with TouchID. I temporarily fixed this issue by deleting and re-registering all of my fingerprints with TouchID, but the issue returned. TouchID works fine in all other aspect of iPadOS. Any ideas on the cause? Is this a known issue?

1Password Version: 7.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 14.4.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @emptymind!

When the option to unlock with Touch ID disappears, and you enter your Master Password then, does Touch ID appear again afterwards?

• emptymind
    emptymind
    Community Member

Unfortunately, no. The TouchID prompt does not reappear after authenticating with the Master Password on a second attempt to unlock.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@emptymind:

For confirmation, is this happening in the main 1Password app, or in the autofill extension?

• emptymind
    emptymind
    Community Member

It happens in both situations.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@emptymind:

If this happens again, please try to enter your Master Password in the main 1Password app once. Then close the app and launch it again, and let us know if you are prompted for your Master Password again or not. We can then look at some logs in that case.

Just make sure you do this in the main 1Password app, and not in the autofill extension :+1:

If this is already happening to you instead, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.