Go or Open and Fill not working

mtissington
mtissington
Community Member
edited April 2021 in Mac

If I open the 1Password app, highlight a website and choose Open and Fill the website is NOT opened. Instead the 1Password mini dropdown is displayed which then shows the option to click Go - if I click this then it just shows the mini drop down again.

1Password Version: 7.8.1 Beta 0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mtissington!

Extension Version: Not Provided

What version of the 1Password browser extension is this happening with, and in which browser?

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

It's not happening with the browser extension - the browser is not even opening (but the extension is 4.7..5.90)
    It is only the main Mac OSX 1password app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mtissington:

Thank you for the confirmation! I remember something similar in an older version of 1Password for Mac. Is your default browser Chrome by chance? You mentioned that the browser does not even open, do things work if you try this with Chrome already open?

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

Chrome not installed, default browser is firefox.
    Very strange - I just tried it and it briefly worked for a couple of logins - tried a different login and it failed - now all logins continuously fail when clicking Go or Open and Fill - clicking either just open the 1Password mini

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mtissington:

I have found an internal issue where this was reported, so I have let the developers know that you are also experiencing this. From what I can read there, using open and fill should work if you are not on a blank page or tab in Firefox, so perhaps that will help a bit at least.

ref: dev/apple/issues#4317

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

Hmm, yes - if I don't have a blank page then it works - yuk

• @mtissington

I'm sorry for the trouble. You might also give 1Password in the browser a look. It works a bit different, but still the same in other ways. I thought i would mention it.

Get to know 1Password in your browser

• mtissington
    mtissington
    Community Member

yes, been there tried that - removed it - no thanks.

• Understood. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.