Double-clicking some login items opens the first item in the vault instead of the login item

richbobo
richbobo
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Normally, I can double-click on a login item in the 1Password list (macOS app) and it will open the website for the item. However, some login items always open the first item page in the entire vault - not the website for the login item clicked.

Note that, although I am running a beta release, I have had this problem for many months with the regular release versions.

1Password Version: 7.8.1.BETA-0 (70801000)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Double-clicking some items, opens first item in vault instead of item clicked

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @richbobo!

However, some login items always open the first item page in the entire vault - not the website for the login item clicked.

To see if I got this right: you double click on certain items in your list, and the browser opens the website of the first item in the list?

• richbobo
    richbobo
    Community Member

Yes. American Airlines is the first item listed and that’s what it opens in a separate 1Password panel. This only happens on some of the items in my list. Typically, I want to take a shortcut to an item’s website by double-clicking the name of the item in the list. And, usually it works by opening the login item’s website URL in my web browser - and filling in the login/password info if it can. But for some login items, it does not do this. Instead, it opens another 1Password panel for the American Airlines item, showing all of its information.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@richbobo:

Thank you for the clarification. I wonder if this is perhaps something temporary. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same behavior now?

• richbobo
    richbobo
    Community Member

Definitely not temporary. It has persisted across many launch/quit cycles, computer reboots and iPassword version upgrades. If I had to guess, I'd say it's something in the structure of my iPassword vault/database - with only certain items.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@richbobo:

If you take one of these items (from what you are saying, it sounds like it happens consistently, but just with certain items), and you duplicate it, does this also happen with the duplicated item?

• richbobo
    richbobo
    Community Member

Good question. I will give that a try.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good :+1: :)

• richbobo
    richbobo
    Community Member

So, just before I got your suggestion to try a copy, there was an available update to the Beta:
    1Password 7
    Version 7.8.1.BETA-1 (70801001)
    1Password Beta

And, I have double-clicked about 40 items or so and all have opened correctly! So, apparently the beta version above contains a fix for my issue.

Resolved.

• @richbobo

That's good news.

This discussion has been closed.